Daily Crypto News
- Ether snaps at bitcoin’s heels in race for crypto crown — The second-biggest cryptocurrency is taking market share from bitcoin ahead of an all-important “Merge” software upgrade that could sharply reduce the energy usage of its Ethereum blockchain, should the developers pull it off in coming days. Bitcoin’s dominance, or its share of the crypto market’s market value, has slipped to 39.1% from this year’s peak of 47.5% in mid-June, according to data platform CoinMarketCap. Ether, on the other hand, has climbed to 20.5% from 16%.
- Fidelity considers Bitcoin trading on brokerage platform — Fidelity and other financial services companies such as BlackRock, which offered institutional investors access to Bitcoin through a partnership with Coinbase starting this year, continue to signal institutional interest in crypto despite market slumps and increased regulatory scrutiny. Fidelity had some 40 million individual investors and 2.8 million daily average trades as per data from June, according to the company.
- Hong Kong’s HashKey Receives Approval to Manage 100% Crypto Portfolio — Hong Kong’s HashKey Capital Limited said it can now manage portfolios invested 100% in crypto after securing a Type 9 asset management license from the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) of Hong Kong. The company is one of a handful of licensed virtual asset managers in Hong Kong, including Huobi and MaiCapital Limited, according to SFC’s records.
- Crypto Custody Specialist Anchorage Digital Offers Japanese Yen Stablecoin — Regulated cryptocurrency custody platform Anchorage Digital is supporting a Japanese yen (JPY) stablecoin, adding to its digital U.S. dollar and euro custodial offerings and fostering fintech use cases from payments to payroll in Japan.
- Ripple opposes SEC request to seal expert witness identities in XRP lawsuit — Cryptocurrency firm Ripple Labs filed a letter of response on Monday to oppose the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s request to seal portions of legal filings that contain information identifying the SEC’s proposed expert witnesses, as the SEC’s lawsuit against Ripple Labs drags on.
- Experts break down the risks of the long-awaited crypto update — The long-awaited Ethereum merge event is set to happen around Thursday, according to the Ethereum Foundation, and experts say it will reduce the blockchain’s energy consumption by 99%.
- Asset Manager Stone Ridge Shutting Bitcoin Futures Fund — Stone Ridge Asset Management intends to liquidate and dissolve its Stone Ridge Bitcoin Strategy Fund next month, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing. The fund launched in late 2019 with a strategy to invest in bitcoin (BTC) via futures contracts, but failed to find interest with investors. Today it holds only about $2.3 million in assets under management, according to Google Finance.
- Ether Lags Bitcoin as Ethereum Merge Nears — With the U.S. dollar restrained and the Ethereum blockchain’s software upgrade known as the Merge almost here, stars seem to be aligned in favor of ether (ETH). And yet, the native token of Ethereum has been underperforming bitcoin (BTC) since Friday. While bitcoin has rallied 15% to $22,300 since Friday, ether has lagged, gaining just 7% to $1,750, according to CoinDesk data.
- Ethereum’s Transition to PoS Could Push PoW by the ‘Wayside’, Ethereum Co-Founder Says — Ethereum’s long-awaited Merge will initiate a period of many people competing to take fullest advantage of the technological change, according to Anthony Di lorio, one of Ethereum’s co-founders. “You are going to see a lot of people coming out of the woodwork and trying to do something around this major event that is happening now in order for them to capitalize somehow and push an agenda or push a particular fork that comes out of this,” Di lorio told CoinDesk TV’s “First Mover” on Friday.
- Crypto Exchange Huobi to Delist 7 Privacy Coins, Including Zcash, Monero — Prominent crypto exchange Huobi Global will delist seven privacy tokens next week amid broader regulatory scrutiny of such tokens, it said in a statement on Monday. “Huobi Global strictly complies with the compliance policies of every country and region and always endeavors to safeguard our users’ assets,” the exchange, which is one of the largest in world, said. Both spot and futures trading of the tokens — dash (DASH), decred (DCR), firo (FIRO), monero (XMR), verge (XVG), zcash (ZEC) and horizen (ZEN) — was paused last Tuesday. The delisting of these tokens is scheduled to start at 08:00 UTC on Sept 19.
Also read about New Coin : FMI COIN
FMI is a digital currency which is built on Binance Smart Chain. FMI is built to a company FMI network. More specifically it includes its own products such as investing in different types projects, Creating new projects etc. FMI COIN (FMI) is a cryptocurrency, deployed on Binance Smart Chain(BSC BEP-20)