Daily Crypto News
- Thai lender SCBX scraps $500 million acquisition of crypto exchange Bitkub — “Bitkub is currently in the process of resolving various issues as per the recommendations and orders of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Thailand, which are uncertain in terms of time frame in resolving those issues,” SCBX said in a statement.
- Bitcoin Options Signal Risk of Another Drop in Largest Token — The largest cryptocurrency by market value has retreated more than 50% this year and recently has been sitting in a range of about $19,000 to $25,000, contained by tightening monetary settings. It was little changed at about $21,566 as of 6:51 a.m. in London on Thursday.
- This Crypto Exchange Could Be Worth $15-$20 Billion in an IPO. We Did The Math — Founded in 2019 by crypto entrepreneur Sam Bankman-Fried, FTX is now a major player in the world of digital assets. Based in the Bahamas, FTX handled $56.9 billion in spot trading volumes in July and $248 billion in derivatives like Bitcoin futures, according to data from CryptoCompare. Its U.S. business, FTX.US, has also expanded into stock trading and invested in the IEX exchange.
- Crypto Developer Platform Thirdweb Gets Katie Haun’s Backing at $160M Valuation — Thirdweb, a platform for Web3 app developers, raised $24 million in a Series A round at a $160 million valuation. The funding was led by Haun Ventures, the investment firm launched earlier this year by former Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) partner Katie Haun.
- Ant Group, Malaysian investment bank Kenanga develop crypto wealth app — Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad announced on Wednesday that it signed a memorandum of understanding with Ant Group to develop “SuperApp,” which is designed to integrate stock trading, crypto trading, foreign currency exchange and e-wallet features onto a single platform.
- Tether says didn’t freeze sanctioned Tornado Cash addresses so as to not interfere in investigations — Tether Holdings Ltd.,the issuer of USDT, the world’s largest stablecoin by market capitalisation, Wednesday said freezing the sanctioned addresses might interfere with ongoing investigations despite no clear instruction to do so by law enforcement.
- Wounded Crypto Traders Desperate for Clues From Fed’s Big Meeting This Week — Crypto investors have been wounded so badly from recent market declines that they can be forgiven for desperately hoping U.S. Federal Reserve officials attending their annual gathering in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, dangle something — anything — positive about the months ahead.
- The Ethereum Merge Has an Official Kick-Off Date — The Bellatrix upgrade will activate on the Beacon Chain on Sept. 6. This upgrade is responsible for setting the rest of the Merge process in motion. The activation is scheduled for epoch 144896 on the Beacon Chain, which should occur at around 11:34:47 UTC. After this, the Terminal Total Difficulty (TTD) value triggering the Merge will be 58,750,000,000,000,000,000,000. That TTD expected to be reached somewhere between Sept. 10 and Sept. 20. The Ethereum developers have hinted in past calls they are aiming for Sept. 15–16.
- Meet the CEO of Finblox, a Hong Kong-based crypto lender serving a region with some of the highest fintech adoption in the world — Finblox, a crypto investment platform founded in 2021, has raised $4 million to become a rising star in Southeast Asia. Cofounder and CEO Peter Hoang says the firm offers users easy access to their wealth through crypto. This article is part of “Master Your Crypto,” a series from Insider helping investors improve their skills in and knowledge of cryptocurrency.
- Coinme Brings DOGE, ETH, MATIC and More to Grocery Crypto Kiosks — Bitcoin (BTC) kiosk company Coinme on Wednesday said it now sells ether (ETH), polygon (MATIC), chainlink (LINK), dogecoin (DOGE), litecoin (LTC) and stellar (XLM) from its 10,000 grocery store kiosks. Coinme’s integration of the six additional cryptocurrencies is intended to offer users greater freedom to interact with different tokens beyond bitcoin, CEO Neil Bergquist said. Where some users may purchase ETH to buy a non-fungible token (NFT), they can also purchase XLM to send across borders, all at one supermarket kiosk.
Also read about New Coin : FMI COIN
FMI is a digital currency which is built on Binance Smart Chain. FMI is built to a company FMI network. More specifically it includes its own products such as investing in different types projects, Creating new projects etc. FMI COIN (FMI) is a cryptocurrency, deployed on Binance Smart Chain(BSC BEP-20)